Media and Public Relations Information
Race Grid / Schedule
- A free family-friendly spectator sport
- 200m races in BUK dragon boats
- 36 dragon boat teams (900+ paddlers) from across the region
- Opening ceremony by Kwikwetlem First Nation at 8 a.m.
- Live entertainment from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Food vendors
- Beer garden operated by Port Moody Rotary
- Exhibitions and shopping opportunities
- Free parking for dragon boat teams
- Access to Moody Centre skytrain station
About Dragon Boating
Dragon boat racing is one of the fastest growing water sports in the world. Participants of all ages compete and enjoy the sport. Over 2,000,000 people around the world participate in dragon boat festivals or regattas. Dragon boats are 12 meters in length and are propelled by 20 paddlers, guided by a steersperson and kept in rhythm by a drummer seated at the bow of the boat, maintaining a steady, and powerful pace for the duration of the traditional 500-meter course.
The Inlet Spring Regatta features 200m sprints, with each race taking approximately 1 minute to complete. Boats race in heats of 3 to 4 boats across. Total teamwork and a spirit of competition make each race exciting! G2G Race Management Inc. will be managing the on-water portion of the Inlet Spring Regatta. View our Race Rules & Regulations.